Looking for a great hire?We can help!
With a person-centered approach, Kerr’s Employment Services matches community employers with client employees who are experiencing an intellectual and/or developmental disability (I/DD) and provides ongoing support to ensure positive results.
Services for Employers
Job development services
Our team of job developers will:
- Pre-screen job seekers to determine their skills and abilities.
- Learn about your employment needs and match the right job seeker with your business.
- Discuss the necessary accommodations needed and work with Vocational Rehabilitation to fulfill them.
- Help educate your business on meeting DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) standards.
Job coach services
Once you hire one of our job seekers, your new employee will be matched with a Kerr job coach.
Your Kerr job coach will:
- Develop task lists or other aids to facilitate learning job duties.
- Perform task analysis to discover and solve any productivity issues.
- Assess environmental stressors and suggest modifications.
- Encourage and promote inclusive workplace practices.
- Facilitate communication between your supervisors and your new employee.
- Follow up on any additional training needs.