“We are at a critical juncture in terms of mental health treatment in this state and Albertina Kerr provides the services desperately needed for children and families throughout the entire state of Oregon.”
Governor of Oregon
“There are a lot of vulnerable people in our community. People who live with developmental disabilities, people who live with mental illness and they need our help. Albertina Kerr is not only focused on the very important issue of mental health diagnosis and treatment for young people, they’re successful at it and they continue to be on the cutting edge.”
Mayor of Portland
Donate Your Way
There are many ways you can give. Take a look at the options below to get started, or call us at (503) 262-0188. The 501(c)(3) for Albertina Kerr Centers Foundation is 93-1297104.
The most straightforward and direct way to support Kerr, you can make one-time or recurring donations. These donations go directly to our services.
Write a Check or Give by Phone
Call Chris Canter in our Development Office at (503) 262-0188 to make your gift or pledge over the phone.
Checks should be made payable to Albertina Kerr and mailed to:
c/o Development Office
424 NE 22nd Avenue
Portland, OR 97232
Below is a current wish list of items we’re seeking to support our programs and services for children and adults facing mental health challenges and intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Vinyl/Leather Couches or Loveseats
- Mattresses (new)
- Living & Dining Room Furniture (tables, bookshelves, etc.)
- Kitchen Appliances (blenders, microwaves, etc.)
- Bedding (new – twin, twin xl, or full size)
- Towels, Washcloths (new)
- Nursery Gift Cards/Supplies for Vegetable Gardens
- MP3 Players (without camera)
- Bicycles, Razor Scooters, Skateboards and Helmets (ages 10-17)
- Sports Equipment (rubber balls, basketballs, footballs, soccer balls)
- KingPin Bowling Gift Cards
- Movie Theater Gift Cards
- Weighted Vests (any size)
- Weighted Lap Toys or Sensory Toys
If you would like to donate new or gently used items to our clients or programs, please contact Chloe at [email protected] or 503-262-0175.
Give Stock or Through Your IRA
Kerr gladly accepts contributions of publicly traded stock and other securities. Instructions are available here.
The IRA Charitable Rollover is a great way to make a tax-free gift using your qualified retirement plan. If you are 70½ or older, you can transfer up to $100,000 from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to Kerr. Contact Chris Canter ([email protected] | 503-262-0188).
Recommend a grant through a Donor Advised Fund or Foundation
Kerr is a 501(c)3 organization and welcomes grants through Donor Advised Funds and foundations.
Include Kerr in Your Estate Plans
Give Real Estate
Donate a Car, Truck or other vehicle or vessel
Kerr’s vehicle donation program partner will pick up your car and handle the paperwork. We will use the proceeds to serve more youth in need. Arrange a Pickup
Partner with us
As a corporate partner, you have the opportunity to support our important work and your business objectives. For details, contact Anne Adler ([email protected] | 503-262-0185).
Tax Refund Donations
Kerr is an approved agency of the Oregon Charitable Checkoff. Please consider donating all or a portion of your Oregon State Tax Return to Kerr. Your donation will help support children’s mental health services and programs. Include Schedule OR-Donate with your Oregon Tax return or let your tax preparer know that you would like to give via Charitable Checkoff.
- Include Schedule OR-Donate with your Oregon Tax form
- Choose Albertina Kerr (Line 28) and add the total on line 30
- Enter total on line 47 of Form 40; line 73 on Form 40-N; or line 72 of Form 40-P
- Let your tax preparer know that you would like to give via Charitable Checkoff.
Shop to Donate
When you shop through these businesses, your purchase will support the vital work we do. Just designate Kerr as the beneficiary when shopping or recycling.
- Amazon Smile: If you’re shopping on Amazon, do it through AmazonSmile. Choose Albertina Kerr as your charitable organization of choice and 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to Kerr.
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards: You can help us earn donations just by linking your Rewards Card to Albertina Kerr and scanning it every time you shop at Fred Meyer.
- goodshop: Shop at your favorite online stores through goodshop. Save big on your purchases with easy-to-access coupons. And, once you’ve made a purchase, goodshop makes a donation to Kerr in your honor.