Are you a job seeker?We can help!
With a person-centered approach, Kerr’s Employment Services offers a range of employment services for adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD).
Services for Job Seekers
Our team will work with you in-person or virtually (1:1 or in a small group) to:
- Build an employment plan
- Enhance your skills
- Develop soft skills
- Create opportunities you can add to your resume/portfolio
Finding a job
We will match you with a job developer who will help you find a job you like. Once hired, we’ll provide a job coach who will help you learn the requirements of your position.
Job development services
Kerr’s job developers network with local businesses to create a community of employers that believe anyone can work.
- Career exploration
- Interest-based negotiation
- Representational portfolios or video resumes
- Interview prep
- Job search, targeted assessment
- Job placement
- Job and schedule customization
Once hired, a Kerr job coach will work with you to learn your new job and help you build relationships with your manager and coworkers.
Job coaches provide:
- Quality job support, so you achieve the best outcome.
- Task lists or other aids to help you learn your job duties.
- Task analysis to discover and solve any productivity issues you may encounter.
- Environmental stressor assessments with suggestions for modifications to help you be successful.
- Encouragement for an inclusive workplace practices.
- Facilitation of communication between you and your employer.