Calling all do-gooders. We need your help sewing face masks to keep our caregivers and clients safe and healthy!
For those who can sew masks, here are a few guidelines:
- Fabric must be 100% cotton. Please wash and dry your fabric 2 to 3 times before cutting. These masks will be laundered frequently and we don’t want them to shrink.
- Due to the highly contagious nature of COVID-19, not all mask designs are effective. We’ve provided links below to patterns which do not require difficult to acquire elastic. Please feel free to use these or any pattern recommended by a health organization.
If you need materials or have questions, just let us know! Contact Chloe Scdoris at 503-621-8614 or [email protected].
How to deliver completed face masks
- Drive-through “touchless” drop-off—Mon-Thu, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.—at Kerr’s Gresham campus (Wynne Watts School, 876 NE 162nd Ave, Portland, 97230)
- Place in drop-off box—Mon-Thu, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.—on the first floor of the Kerr Administrative Center (424 NE 22nd Ave, Portland, 97232)
- For “touchless” pick-up, contact Chloe Scdoris at 503-621-8614 or [email protected]
Kerr is also in critical need of other personal protective equipment and supplies. If you have access to new or unused items listed below, please drop-off at Kerr’s Gresham campus—
Wynne Watts School Mon-Thu, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
We’ve also set-up a COVID-19 fund to support areas of greatest need during this unprecedented time. If you would like to support Kerr’s caregivers and clients, follow this link.
THANK YOU! We are so incredibly grateful for your support!